RC orders people living in game, forest reserves to vacate

KATAVI Regional Commissioner (RC) Ms Mwanamvua Mrindoko has directed all people who are living illegally in game and forests reserves to vacate the areas.

He said that all people must settle at authorised areas, so that they can be counted on Tuesday.

The RC issued the order while addressing public meeting at Inyonga Township in Mlele District meant to raise awareness ahead of tomorrow’s National Population and Housing Census.

She called for the citizens’ effective participation in tomorrow’s population count to enable the government to properly plan the allocation of development resources.

“No one in the region should be left behind uncounted. The government needs cooperation from all members of the communities to make Tuesday (tomorrow) population count a big success,” she emphasized.

She further said that preparation for the census in the region has been completed by 98 per cent.

“In fact, we are ready for population count as 98 per cent of citizens in the region are aware of Tuesday is a census day … The remaining 2 per cent will be accomplished on the day of exercise,” noted the RC.

Equally, she asked members of the community to avoid hiding people living with disabilities during the count.

She further expressed gratitude to the government under President Samia Suluhu Hassan for facilitating preparations of the crucial exercise for development of the country.

On his part, Mlele District Commissioner, Mr Filberto Sanga insisted that only game and forest reserves officials who are living inside the reserve area will be counted during population count and not otherwise.

He asked the citizens to cooperate with census officials in providing correct information which they will be asked during population count.

Related Articles

Back to top button