Africa’s Heads of State and delegation have unanimously adopted by acclamation the Dar es Salaam Human Capital Declaration 2023 in Tanzania on Wednesday evening.
Reading the declaration draft for the delegates to adopt, President Samia Suluhu Hassan said the summit affirmed that human capital development was critical for achieving sustainable resilience and inclusive growth in Africa.
“…hence investment on human beings through quality education, house care nutrition, job creation and skills development are necessary for improved social and economic outcomes,” she said at the summit.
To attain the goal, she stated, the massive, coordinated financing and effort to strengthen quantity, efficiency and impact of investment in people are required.
The adopted Declaration focuses on seven key areas.
- Education and skills development
- Enhance health and wellbeing,
- Empowering women and girls
- Strengthening research and innovation
- Promote job creation and job opportunities
- Ensure political protection and inclusion
- Mobilize resources and partnership