Thorny run for Kagera, Ihefu smile

MISERY Continues to pile up at Kagera Sugar after losing their second Premier League match to Ihefu at Highland Estate arena in Mbarali, Mbeya on Saturday.

Kagera Sugar, who began their campaign with 2-0 away loss to Mashujaa at Lake Tanganyika  Stadium in Kigoma, lost 1-0 to Ihefu in a fiercely contested encounter.

They remain win-less, point-less after their 180-minute onslaught.

But it is quite opposite to Ihefu, as the victory brought relief to the team that lost the opener 2-1 to Geita Gold at the same venue.

The zeal to win was high for the teams and it was after the end of 90 minutes when Kagera  Sugar’s hopes for maximum points vanished.

As the game unfolded, it became evident that both sides were determined to gain the upper hand.

The first half came to an end with both teams unable to secure an opener despite several attempts  and well calculated raids,  neither side managed to break the deadlock. The game continued as the players came rejuvenated after the resumption.

As the second half progressed and the game approached its final whistle, Ihefu’s Amza Moubarack changed everything.

It was in the 79th minute when Moubarack received a pass and skillfully  slammed the ball home.

This goal gave Ihefu a slim 1-0 lead and that forced Kagera Sugar to fight tooth and nail for an equaliser.

The match continued with Ihefu in the lead until the referee signaled the end of the game, making the final score stand 1-0 in favour of Ihefu.

The match showcased a balanced contest in which both teams struggled to find the back of the net until Moubarack’s  breakthrough that ultimately determined the outcome.

The hard-earned victory over Kagera has heightened Ihefu to the 7th position after collecting their first maximum points on Saturday.

Prior to Saturday’s final game between Namungo and KMC at Majaliwa Stadium in Ruangwa, Azam were the top positioned in the standings having stamped three points and four goals to their credit.

Related Articles

Back to top button