loader
Dstv Dailynews  Mobile
Kenya, Tanzania airlines lift business in E. Africa

Kenya, Tanzania airlines lift business in E. Africa

The Precision Air Services (PW) Founder and Board Chairman, Mr Michael Shirima, said on Thursday in an interview that the Jomo Kenyatta International (JKIA) historical advantage as a hub in the region is contributing greatly to the growth of the Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA).

"The increased aviation services between the two countries is a reflection of fast growing economic activities in the region which is translated into improved social welfare of its people," he said. Mr Shirima said there is growing demand for interconnecting flights from JKIA to JNIA, to other local regional destinations like Mwanza and Kigoma.

Tourists from around the world interconnect to JNIA from JKIA to visit the most splendid attractions in Tanzania. Available statistics show that PW, Fly540 and KQ make a total of 10 flights daily between JNIA and JKIA, reflecting fast growing aviation industry in the region.

To cater for the yearning demand for aviation services in the east and central African region, PW will introduce new Boeing aircraft next month to harness market potentials in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Zimbabwe and Zambia. Regionally, PW flies to Nairobi, Mombasa in Kenya, Entebbe in Uganda, Johannesburg in South Africa, 

Likewise, between November and December this year, PW is expected to introduce two ATR aircraft for the domestic market. PW currently offers connections to major towns including Mwanza, Tabora, Musoma, Shinyanga, Kigoma, Kilimanjaro, Zanzibar, Mtwara, Arusha and Dar es Salaam.

"We are using the little resources obtained by raising capital from the public last year," he said, adding that, "gradually; the business is picking up and becoming strong."  In its statement during the week after introducing the fifth early morning flight to its daily schedule to Dar es Salaam, Kenya Airways (KQ) said "This implies that the partnership between KQ and Precision Air (PW) offers passengers a total of no less than five flights to choose from every single day."

Nearly 10 years ago, PW made the most significant turnaround when Kenya Airways acquired a minority 49 per cent shareholding leaving majority 51 per cent shares in the control of one local Tanzanian businessman.

Azania, NHIF insurance cover benefit farmers

Cooperative union members will now be able ...

foto
Author: SEBASTIAN MRINDOKO

Post your comments

Advertisement

CRDB

Recent Posts

Categories

more headlines in our related posts

latest # news